What Does NFS Mean in Texts? Definitions and Uses Everything you need to know about the NFS acronym (& how to use it) As you’re joking around in the group chat, one of your friends texts back “NFS.” If you’re not sure what this slang term means, their response might seem a little confusing.
- NFS stands for “No funny sh*t” in texts or online. People use it when they’re serious about something or to make it clear that they’re not joking.
- On social media, NFS can also mean “Not for sale.” When a seller is posting something that’s unavailable, they’ll add NFS to the product’s description.
- NFS is sometimes short for “New friends.” People use it on social media when they’re looking for a new friend or posting about one they made.
- 1 NFS means “No funny sh*t” in texts or on apps like Snapchat and TikTok. When someone messages you “NFS,” they want you to know that they’re serious and not joking around. If you’re having a more lighthearted conversation with a friend, they might send “NFS” in their text to let you know they’re making a serious point and want you to really pay attention to what they’re saying.
- “NFS I need a vacation or else I’ll explode. 🤯”
- “hey nfs I can’t text right now. 😑”
- NFS and NSFW might look similar, but NSFW means “Not safe for work.” It’s a warning that a text, image, video, or article is inappropriate for the workplace, so don’t look at it with coworkers around.
- 2 NFS also commonly stands for “Not for sale” when used online. You’ll usually see this definition of NFS when you’re shopping on social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, and Discord. An online seller might post an item that’s not available yet, so in the listing description, they’ll say it’s not for sale. If you’re reaching out to someone about an item directly, they might message you back that it isn’t available to purchase.
- “The red purse pictured in this listing is NFS.”
- “Hey, the drum set is NFS. Sorry!”
- 3 NFS is sometimes short for “New friends” when texting or on social media. Sometimes, NFS means someone is looking for new friends. They might post on TikTok, Twitter, or Facebook that they want, or even need, new friends. If you have a friend who just moved, they might text you that they’re on the lookout for new friends, too.
- “Anyone want to hang out? I’m looking for nfs. 😊”
- “I need nfs here so bad. 😔”
- 4 On Instagram, NFS stands for “No Filter Sunday.” When someone captions an Instagram story or post with NFS or #nfs, they’re telling the world that they didn’t put a beauty filter on their pictures. People typically make these posts on Sundays to remind their friends and followers that they don’t need digital enhancements to look or feel beautiful.
- “Looking and feeling my best today ✨ #nfs”
- “It’s NFS, who’s with me?? 🙋♀️🙋♂️”
- NFS can also stand for “No Filter Squad” or “No Filter Story.” These are used the same way as “No Filter Sunday.”
- 5 NFS can also mean “Not For Sure” in texts or on social media. If someone sends you “NFS,” they’re telling you that they aren’t completely certain about something. You might ask if a friend is still planning on coming over to your house, but since they have homework to do, they don’t know if they can.
- “NFS yet, I’ve got some stuff to do so I’ll let you know. 👍”
- “I’m NFS she’s still coming. 😞 Want to reschedule?”
- 1 Send NFS when you want your message to be taken seriously. Sometimes when you’re texting a friend, you want to emphasize your point or make it really clear that you’re not joking around. Messaging “NFS” is especially great if your previous convo was light-hearted or teasing, or if you’re not usually very serious.
- “nfs but if we don’t get food soon, I’m going to get hangry. 😠”
- “But nfs, I’m really glad we hung out. I’ve never met someone like you. ”
- “NFS please stop texting me. 🤬”
- 2 Add NFS when making a product listing for something that’s not available. Whether you’re selling used items or your own products on Facebook or Instagram, you might have pictures of products that aren’t currently for sale. Or, your pictures might include items you’re not selling that people are interested in. Just make it clear what products aren’t available to buy in your post, in the listing description, or in the comments.
- “The soap is just an example and NFS. New products are coming soon! 😊”
- “FYI, the mirror in this listing is NFS.”
- “Please no inquiries about the boots. They are NFS.”
- 3 Put NFS in your post if you’re looking for new friends, or showing them off. Maybe you moved or just want to extend your friendship circle. Either way, adding NFS to a post on Snapchat or TikTok is an open invitation for people to reach out and get to know you. If you recently made new friends, let everyone know on social media with a caption or hashtag raving about them.
- “I want nfs. Anyone want to hang? 🤗”
- “I just moved and need nfs. 😪”
- “Finally hanging with my nfs 🥰”
- 4 Use NFS when you post a filterless picture on Instagram. Flaunt your authentic, honest self on social media to show your friends and followers that you love who you are (and that they should too!) Whether you post a picture of yourself on your Instagram grid or your stories, simply add “NFS” or the hashtag #nfs.
- “Felt cute today for NFS! 😍”
- “Who needs a filter when I look this good?? 💅 #NFS”
- “I’m not perfect, but I don’t have to be 🌸💖🦄 #nfs”
- 5 Text NFS when you’re unsure or undecided about something. Sometimes, you don’t have all the answers, so these 3 letters convey just that for you. Maybe your friend is curious about how many people are coming to your party, or a classmate is wondering when you’ll have your part of the group project done. Just tell people when you might know, if you can!
- “I’m NFS, but I think the last headcount was 30? The party will be so fun!! 🥳”
- “hey, nfs yet. I’ve got some other homework to do then I’ll tackle it 🤓”
- “It’s NFS, so fingers crossed I get the job! 🤞”
- 1 Network file system If you work with computers and store data, you might come across this meaning of NFS. A network file system is a digital folder hosted on a single network where all the people on the network store and share files. While you might see this definition online, it’s less common in texts and on social media.
- “I added that file you wanted to the NFS. Do you see it?”
- “Can someone please share the NFS with me?”
- 2 Need for Speed In the video game community, NFS might refer to the racing game series Need for Speed, You might see someone post about playing it with the hashtag #nfs, or a friend might message you to ask if you want to play it with them.
- “Does anyone know how to beat this race? I’m so stuck 😩 #nfs”
- “Wanna come over and play NFS? I’ll even let you drive the McLaren 🏎”
- 3 Not further specified Not further specified is a common coding acronym used in dietary and medical research. A researcher might gather data about people’s experiences with a recent food recall. When they call someone, the respondent might not have any other information to provide besides the food they ate. So, the researcher codes their response as “Not further specified.”
Ask a Question Advertisement This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer,, Devin McSween is a wikiHow Staff Writer. With a background in psychology, she has presented her research in social psychology at a variety of conferences and has contributed to several manuscripts for publication.
- Co-authors: 3
- Updated: April 24, 2023
- Views: 2,537
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 2,537 times. : What Does NFS Mean in Texts? Definitions and Uses
- 1 What is NFS on insta?
- 2 What does the NFS stand for?
- 3 What does NFS mean dating?
- 4 What does nrs mean on Snapchat?
- 5 What does NFS mean with cards?
- 6 What is 8 in sexting?
- 7 What is the short form for love you?
- 8 What does NFS mean in text on Tiktok?
What is NFS on insta?
What Does NFS Mean on Instagram? Everyone knows that when using social media, acronyms that you might not be familiar with might appear every once in a while. If you’re a frequent scroller on Instagram, then you might have seen “NFS” pop up and wonder to yourself “What does that even mean?” We’ll explain what NFS means on Instagram, along with some other acronyms you might run into. NFS can also mean “Not Following Specified” which relates to a situation when you might be following someone, but they aren’t following you back. Another NFS meaning that you might run into is when it stands for “Not For Sale,” which relates to more of a business sense.
What does NFS mean from a girl?
According to CurrentSchoolNews, the acronym ‘NFS’ simply stands for ‘ no funny s-t.’ The acronym, which is also the same as the definition provided on Urban Dictionary, simply represents being serious about something.
What does the NFS stand for?
What is NFS (Network File System)? – NFS, or Network File System, was designed in 1984 by Sun Microsystems, This distributed file system protocol allows a user on a client computer to access files over a network in the same way they would access a local storage file.
What does NFS mean on WIZZ?
NFS = not further specified.
What does NFS mean in dirty text?
NFS ( Need For Sex )
What does NFS mean in flirting?
NFS. Definition: No Funny Sh*t. Type: Abbreviation.
What does NFS mean dating?
NFS: No Funny Stuff This is a humorous way of expressing someone’s desire to avoid drama and foolishness in their life. People also use it to indicate their disinterest in dating or hooking up.
What does NFS stand for TikTok?
#foryou nfs means new freinds btw💀
What does NSF mean on TikTok?
Summary of Key Points – “Not So Fast” is the most common definition for NSF on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Not So Fast|
|Guessability:||2: Quite easy to guess|
|Typical Users:||Adults and Teenagers|
What does NFS mean in UK?
Abbreviation for (in Britain) National Fire Service.
What does nrs mean on Snapchat?
NRS: This means No Replies. It’ll often be used when you’re in a situation that doesn’t allow you to send snaps repeatedly, such as going to sleep, not feeling up to it, or have little data/Wi-Fi.
What does BFFS mean in text?
Bff is an initialism of the phrase best friends forever. Bff has evolved into a noun that refers to a close friend.
What is Wizz Snapchat?
Wizz – Hwb Wizz is a free social networking app developed by VLB in 2022. The intention of the app is for users to find new people to chat with online. The app has a swiping system, similar to popular dating apps and, where users can scroll through profiles and find someone they would like to chat to.
There is no upfront cost to using Wizz, however there is an option to buy ‘Wizz Gold’ which allows premium features such as boosting the user’s profile or including videos in their profile. Wizz is available on the Apple App Store and Google Play. The minimum age restriction for Wizz users is 13. Wizz verifies the age of its users using facial recognition and the app.
In the event that Yoti is unable to verify the age, a Wizz team member reviews the photo to verify the user’s age. If the user is unable to be verified, they cannot meet and chat with other people. Wizz is rated 12+ (Teens) on both the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Short for artificial intelligence. Artificial intelligence is used on the platform to verify images of users using the Yoti app. A feature that allows the user to send a chat to the next 100 profiles in their queue. Faking a physical appearance by using photos of a different person, or extremely old photos, to appear as someone else. Friends are the mutually added contacts you have accepted to see your profile. These can be people you know in real life but can also include those you’ve only met online. Users can search for friends using the ‘Find new friends’ function. A message sent from another user who wants to talk or potentially be friends. Rewind allows the user to view a profile they previously swiped past or ignored. A chat that is hidden and only accessible with WizzGold, the paid-for premium feature. Alternatively, the user is encouraged to watch an advert to view a secret chat. A paid-for 30-minute profile boost that increases the chances of other users finding the boosted profile. A chat that stays at the top of the user’s chat list. This refers to accounts where the profile picture has been assessed as being that of the account holder and not someone else. To verify an account, users are prompted to take a selfie. If the picture matches that of their profile, the account will be verified. This refers to the premium paid-for feature of Wizz, which allows access to many features, such as boosting the user’s profile or revealing secret chats. In-app currency used to make purchases, such as a profile boost or a super chat.
Like many other social media chatting apps, the content on the platform is user generated, so it may contain mature language or inappropriate content. In order to find people to connect with on the app, users swipe through other user biographies. Some user biographies have been written in a way that signals their intentions on the app, such as dating or drug-use references.
Some younger users may be exposed to written content in those biographies which are not age appropriate. Encourage your child to use the ‘Find new friends’ preferences to help ensure they are only being exposed to profile types that are more suited to their age. Full information on how to do this can be found in the ‘Managing interactions and content’ section of this guide.
All chats and messages on Wizz are sent as direct messages (DMs) which means the content can only be seen by the sender and receiver. Some users choose to send personal or intimate messages and images via DMs, knowing that other people cannot see it. Remind you child to talk to you if they have been sent inappropriate messages or images in DMs.
By restricting who your child can access on the platform, your child is less likely to experience language or behaviour that is not suitable for their age. To create a Wizz account, all users must add their date of birth and share a photo of themselves. Working in partnership with, a facial recognition app, Wizz verifies the age of each user.
The use of facial recognition to verify accounts also limits the ability for users to create fake accounts, pretending to be someone considerably younger or older than they are. All accounts that have been verified have a blue checkmark on their profile.
The use of facial recognition to verify age is a significant difference to many other social media platforms that do not attempt to verify the age of their users. Wizz aims to connect users on the platform who have similar interests. The use of the ‘Swipe’ feature means users simply swipe right to select who they would like to message and therefore befriend, based only on their profile.
By connecting with people who have similar shared interests, there is the potential for a false sense of trust to be established between users, with the assumption that they are friends because they like the same things. Talk to your child about what makes a friend and encourage them to connect with offline friends within the app, rather than people they do not know.
Discuss the risks of connecting with strangers and explain the importance of not sharing any personal or identifiable information within chats. Remind your child to tell you if they have been asked personal questions and to report anyone who makes them feel uncomfortable. If your child has a Wizz account, it is important that they are aware of what they share and the impact this will have on their,
Have a conversation with your child to help them understand what is and is not appropriate for them to share. Ensure your child knows it can be difficult to keep ownership of any content once it has been shared online, as content can easily be copied and reposted without their knowledge and can then become difficult to,
- There are frequent opportunities to make or upgrades within Wizz.
- Users on the platform are invited to subscribe to Wizz Gold, which can be bought in weekly, monthly, or tri-monthly instalments.
- The upgrade unlocks more chat and profile customisation options, more photo allowance on their profile as well as disabling adverts.
Wizz also encourages users to buy in-app currency known as ‘WiCoins’ to send ‘Super chats’ or ‘Bulk messages’. Speak to your child about in-app purchases and ensure they understand that real money is used to make purchases within the app. You can also set the relevant in-app purchase settings on your device.
More information on this can be found in the ‘Manage time and purchases’ section of this guide. Users of Wizz should be aware of how the platform is designed to keep users engaged and active. The app sends frequent notifications, such as if they have not been on the app for more than 24 hours. For example, giving free WiCoins for maintaining a chat streak for a certain period of time.
Remind your child to from the app and use the notification settings listed in the ‘Managing time and purchases’ section of this guide to help manage time on the platform.
Users can turn off their visibility in the ‘Find new friends’ function, which disables people reaching out to them. There is no option to disable age, name or country. However, users can remove which specific part of the country they live in. To disable ‘Visible in find new friends’:
Go to your profile in the top left corner and select the gear icon on the top left corner.Scroll down to ‘Visibility’ and toggle off the ‘Visible in find new friends’ option.
To generalise your location:
Go to your profile in the top left corner and select the gear icon on the top left corner.Scroll down to ‘Visibility’ and toggle off ‘Show my state’.
There are no settings available to manage content or specific interactions. However, users can manage their ‘Find new friends’ preferences which may reduce instances of negative behaviour. To manage ‘Find new friends’ preferences:
Go to your profile in the top left corner and select the gear icon on the top left corner.Scroll to ‘Find new friend preferences’.Select preferred gender for new friends from:
EveryoneMostly boysMostly girls.
Select age preference from:
My age first (exact age)Around my Age (+/-5 years)
Select the preferred location:
Note: ensure users choose to view friends by verification status by selecting ‘Mostly Verified’, which may reduce the number of fake profiles or bots a user is connected with.
Users can report other users who may be bothering them or behaving inappropriately on the platform. To report a user:
Go to the three dots icon on the top right.Select ‘Report’.
To block a user:
Go to the three dots on the top right.Select ‘Block’.
There are limited options to manage time and purchases within the game. Instead, parents and carers should explore the settings menu on individual devices. To manage time on iOS:
Go to the settings menu and scroll to ‘Notifications’.Find Wizz in the list of apps and toggle off the ‘Allow notifications’ option.
To manage time on Android:
Go to the settings menu and scroll to ‘Apps’.Find Wizz in the list of apps and select ‘Notifications’.Toggle off the ‘Show notifications’ option.
To disable in-app purchases on iOS:
Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Screen time’ and scroll down to ‘Content and privacy restrictions’.Select ‘iTunes and App Store purchases’ and set the option to ‘Don’t allow’.
To disable in-app purchases on Android:
Go to your ‘Google Play Store’ app.Select ‘Menu’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Require authentication for purchases’.This means you will need to set a password to make in-app purchases.
Wizz operates a with contact information on the page. They are reachable via email. It is recommended that parents and carers regularly check-in with their child about their time on Wizz. Talk with your child about the people they are connecting with on Wizz and remind them of the risks of chatting with strangers. : Wizz – Hwb
What does NFS mean with cards?
Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF): What It Means & How to Avoid Fees.
What does NFS mean buying?
Is it really for sale? FS and NFS – We must first understand the important difference between FS and NFS, These stand for ” For Sale ” and ” Not For Sale “, respectively. Got it? Now, you won’t lose any time trying to acquire something that is not on the market.
What is the meaning of in chat?
: to talk in an informal or familiar manner. : to take part in an online discussion in a chat room.
What is 8 in sexting?
Commonly used sexting codes include: 8: Oral sex.9, CD9 or Code 9: Parents are nearby.
What is the short form for love you?
Ily is an abbreviation of the phrase I love you. It’s mostly used when texting or instant messaging.
Why do people use NFS?
No matter your industry, you can find relevant content on Instagram. Don’t make a mistake. It’s not only for spending leisure time. Many influencers are earning thousand of dollars working full-time. Corporations are using “Instagram for business” to reach more audiences and convert them into customers.
- So, you daily come across a few new words and acronyms.
- Often, you get their meaning and context easily, but sometimes not.
- Have you seen the acronym “NFS” used in any post or reel? What does NFS mean on Instagram? Commonly, anyone can guess NFS stands for “NOT FOR SALE.” Businesses mostly use it when they showcase a product that is not for sale.
But it’s not the only meaning. It can also be used for “No Filter Sunday” or “Not Feeling Social.” The use of acronyms has increased on social media. This way, we not only our precious save time but also generate curiosity among content consumers. You can shorten any phrase into a few letters, and your audience will try to get its context.
What does NFS mean in text on Tiktok?
And btw, nfs stands for not for sail 😂 #friends#snapchat #fypシ whotffisv.217.