What Age Do You Need A Passport?

What Age Do You Need A Passport
International Travel – Regardless of age, all children need a valid passport for air travel to another country. The application process for children under the age of 16 needs to be completed in person. To fill out this application, at least one parents needs to appear.

A parent or guardian must show some form of photo ID if the minor doesn’t have one. The process is similar for all children younger than 16. Evidence of U.S. citizenship for the child, like a birth certificate Evidence of both parent’s citizenship in the U.S. Legal identification of the parent, such as a driver’s license Documentation that shows the parent’s relationship to the child A document of parental consent for the child to receive a passport A passport size photo of the child Applicable fees A completed DS-1 form

You can also apply for a passport online if you wish, as long as your child is under 16. It takes roughly three weeks to process the passport. If you need it quickly, a one-week fast track service could shorten that waiting time. Do you have any other questions about passports, whether it’s for you or a child? Passport Health can help! Give us a call at or take a look at any of our other Passport and Visa services,

What age do babies need passports?

Every citizen belonging to the US needs a passport regardless of age, whether they are newborns, infants, or children. If you are willing to travel with children, ensure you have your baby passport along with you.

Does a baby have their own passport?

Children can no longer be included on their parents’ or guardians’ passports. This is intended to make international travel more secure for children. In order to travel, each child must have their own passport. Information to apply for a child’s passport, Print page

Do babies need a passport UK?

When does my baby need a passport? – From birth, your baby will need a passport for any trip where you leave the UK. Their passport is valid for five years, so it’s worth bearing in mind whether any older siblings might need a renewal soon too (Gov.uk, 2018a),

Does a 3 year old need a passport to go to Canada?

U.S. Embassy Ottawa 490 Sussex Drive Ottawa, Ontario K1N 1G8 Canada Telephone: +1 (613) 688-5335 Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +1 (613) 238-5335 Fax: +1 (613) 688-3082 Email: [email protected] The Ottawa consular district includes the counties of Kingston, Lanark, Leeds, Prescott, Refrew, Russell, and Stormont in Eastern Ontario, and those parts of the Québec regions of Outaouais and Abitibi-Témiscamingue near Ottawa.

CONSULATES U.S. Consulate General Montreal 1134 Rue Ste- Catherine West Montréal, Quebec H3B 1H4 Canada Telephone: +1 (514) 398-9695 Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +1 (416) 645-9124 Fax: +1 (514) 398-9748 Email: [email protected] The Montreal consular district includes Greater Montreal and the regions of Southern Quebec Province (Laurentides, Lanaudiere, Laval, Montreal, Montregie, Estrie, and the southern parts of Centre-du-Quebec), including Joliete, Drummondville, and Sherbrooke.U.S.

Consulate General Toronto 360 University Ave Toronto, Ontario M5G 1S4 Canada Telephone: +1 (416) 595-1700 Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +1 (416) 201-4056 Fax: +1 (416) 595-5466 Email: [email protected] The consular district includes the province of Ontario except for the counties of Kingston, Lanark, Leeds, Prescott, Refrew, Russell, and Stormont, which are served by the U.S.

Embassy in Ottawa.U.S. Consulate General Vancouver 1075 West Pender Street Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 2M6 Canada Telephone: +1 (604) 685-4311 Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +1 (604) 685-4311 Fax: +1 (604) 685-7175 Email: [email protected] The consular district includes British Columbia and the Yukon Territory.U.S.

Consulate General Halifax Purdy’s Wharf Tower II 1969 Upper Water Street, Suite 904 Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3R7 Canada Telephone: +1 (902) 429-2480 Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +1 (902) 429-2480, Press 1 Fax: +1 (902) 423-6861 Email: [email protected] The Halifax consular district includes New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and the French islands of Saint Pierre and Miquelon.U.S.

Consulate Winnipeg 201 Portage Avenue, Suite 860 Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 3K6 Canada Telephone: +1 (204) 940-1800 Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +1 (403) 266-8962 and press “0” for assistance (Consulate General Calgary) Fax: +1 (204) 940-1809 The Consulate in Winnipeg provides only emergency services for U.S.

citizens. Routine services such as visas, passports and notarials are handled at other U.S. Consulates General, primarily Calgary.U.S. Consulate General Quebec 2, rue de la Terrasse Dufferin (Vieux Quebec, behind Chateau Frontenac) Quebec, Quebec G1R 4T9 Canada Telephone: +1 (418) 692-2095 Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +1 (418) 692-2096 Fax: +1 (418) 692-4640 Email: [email protected] The consular district includes Quebec City and those regions of Quebec Province to the North and East of the Montreal and Ottawa Districts (indicated above) – to include the area around Saguenay/Lac Saint-Jean, Rimouski and the Gaspé Peninsula – as well as the Territory of Nunavut.U.S.

Consulate General Calgary 615 Macleod Trail S.E., 10th Floor Calgary, Alberta T2G 4T8 Canada Telephone: +1 (403) 266-8962 Fax: +1 (403) 264-6630 Email: [email protected] The consular district includes Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and the Northwest Territories, excluding Nunavut. Please visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Canada.

For tourist visits to Canada of less than 180 days, U.S. citizens do not need visas. Other types of travel generally require visas. Visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website for current information. If you have a criminal record, you may be unable to enter Canada.

To determine whether you are criminally inadmissible and get information about how to overcome this finding, refer to the IRCC website, Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officials determine if you can enter Canada in accordance with Canadian law. Travel Programs: Both the U.S. and Canadian governments urge frequent travelers to join the NEXUS trusted traveler program,

Entry into Canada: Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry proof of citizenship and identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card, or NEXUS card satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens. Children under 16 only need proof of U.S.

  1. Citizenship.
  2. Entry into the United States: When traveling by air from Canada, U.S.
  3. Citizens must present a U.S.
  4. Passport book or other approved identification document. The U.S.
  5. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website provides a full list of allowable documents.
  6. Travel with Minors: If you plan to travel to Canada with a minor for whom you do not have full legal custody, CBSA may require a letter of authorization from the minor’s parents or legal guardian(s).

Please refer to the CBSA website for more details. Private Boaters Entering Canada: Canadian law requires all foreign private boaters, including recreational vessels, to present themselves upon their arrival in Canada to the CBSA. See the CBSA website for relevant reporting requirements.

  1. Private Boaters Exiting Canada: Boaters may report their arrival to the United States or apply for a registered boater program using the CBP Reporting Offsite Arrival – Mobile (CBP ROAM) app.
  2. Please visit the CBP ROAM webpage for more information. The U.S.
  3. Department of State is unaware of any HIV/AIDS entry restrictions for visitors to Canada.

For information on restrictions for HIV positive foreign residents of Canada visit the IRCC website, Find information on dual nationality, prevention of international child abduction and customs regulations on our websites.911 is the emergency telephone number in Canada.

Crime: Although Canada generally has a lower crime rate than the United States, violent crimes occur throughout the country, especially in urban areas. Criminals may target parked cars, especially in large cities and popular tourist destination, for opportunistic smash-and-grab thefts. Do not leave unattended possessions in a vehicle, even in the trunk.

Some jurisdictions such as Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver may fine you for leaving your car doors unlocked or for leaving valuables in view. Pickpockets may target you, especially in popular tourist areas. Exercise caution. Safeguard yourself and your property.

Demonstrations can be unpredictable, avoid areas around protests and demonstrations. Check local media for updates and traffic advisories.

While there is a very small likelihood of violence at a political gathering in Canada, we strongly encourage U.S. citizens to avoid all protests and demonstrations and maintain a high level of vigilance and practice good situational awareness when traveling abroad.

International Financial Scams: See the Department of State and the FBI pages for information. Victims of Crime: U.S. citizen victims of sexual assault are encouraged to contact the U.S. Embassy for assistance. Report crimes to the local police at 911 and contact the U.S. Embassy at +1(613) 688-5335. Remember that local authorities are responsible for investigating and prosecuting crime.

See our webpage on help for U.S. victims of crime overseas, We can: • Help you find appropriate medical care • Assist you in reporting a crime to the police • Contact relatives or friends with your written consent • Provide general information regarding the victim’s role during the local investigation and following its conclusion • Provide a list of local attorneys • Provide our information on victim’s compensation programs in the U.S.

  • Provide an emergency loan for repatriation to the United States and/or limited medical support in cases of destitution • Help you find accommodation and arrange flights home • Replace a stolen or lost passport Domestic Violence: U.S.
  • Citizen victims of domestic violence are encouraged to contact the U.S.

Embassy or Consulates for assistance. Tourism: The tourism industry is generally regulated and rules with regard to best practices and safety inspections are regularly enforced. Hazardous areas/activities are identified with appropriate signage and professional staff is typically on hand in support of organized activities.

In the event of an injury, appropriate medical treatment is widely available throughout the country. Outside of a major metropolitan center, it may take more time for first responders and medical professionals to stabilize a patient and provide life-saving assistance. If you are considering travel outside of populated areas, particularly in the northern Arctic territories, you need to know that search and rescue capabilities are limited because of extreme isolation and the harsh climate.

You must be prepared for significant delays in receiving emergency assistance in these areas and plan accordingly.U.S. citizens are encouraged to purchase medical evacuation insurance. See our webpage for more information on insurance providers for overseas coverage,

  • Criminal Penalties: You are subject to local laws.
  • If you violate local laws, even unknowingly, you may be expelled, arrested, or imprisoned.
  • Individuals establishing a business or practicing a profession that requires additional permits or licensing should seek information from the competent local authorities, prior to practicing or operating a business.

Furthermore, some laws are also prosecutable in the United States, regardless of local law. For examples, see our website on crimes against minors abroad and the Department of Justice website. Arrest Notification: If you are arrested or detained, ask police or prison officials to notify the U.S.

Embassy immediately. See our webpage for further information. Controlled Substances: Canadian law prohibits possession and trafficking of controlled substances and narcotics, including some substances that may be legal to possess under the law of certain U.S. states. Canada has legalized the personal consumption of recreational cannabis, but Canadian law prohibits taking cannabis across Canada’s national borders,

Drug smugglers risk substantial fines, a permanent bar from Canada, and imprisonment. Counterfeit and Pirated Goods: Although counterfeit and pirated goods are prevalent in many countries, they may still be illegal according to local laws. You may also pay fines or have to give them up if you bring them back to the United States.

Faith-Based Travel Information International Religious Freedom Report – see country reports Human Rights Report – see country reports Hajj Fact Sheet for Travelers Best Practices for Volunteering Abroad

Firearms : Canada controls firearms more strictly than the United States. Violation of firearms restrictions may result in prosecution and imprisonment. Visitors bringing any firearms or ammunition into Canada must declare the firearms in writing using a Non-Resident Firearm Declaration form.

If you plan to borrow and use a firearm in Canada, you must obtain a Temporary Firearms Borrowing License in advance. You must present these forms in triplicate and sign them in front of a CBSA officer at the border. (It is not possible to make photocopies at the border). Full details and downloadable forms are available at the Canadian Firearms Program website,

Canadian law requires officials to confiscate firearms, ammunition, and other weapons from persons crossing the border who do not declare having the items in their possession. Officials will not return confiscated firearms, ammunition, and weapons and possession of any of these items may result in your arrest and imprisonment.

You should inspect all belongings thoroughly before traveling to Canada to avoid the accidentally importing firearms, ammunition, or other weapons. LGBTQI+ Travelers: There are no legal restrictions on same-sex sexual relations or the organization of LGBTQI+ events in Canada. See our LGBTQI+ Travel Information page and section 6 of our Human Rights report for further details.

Pornography: Canada has strict laws concerning child pornography, and in recent years there has been an increase in random checks of electronic media of travelers entering Canada. Canadian officials may search your computers, cell phones, and other electronic devices without a warrant at the border and illegal content can result in the seizure of the device as well as detention, arrest, and prosecution of the bearer.

Refer to this link for reporting requirements regarding Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR), Refer to this link for information on the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Refer to this link for information about the Voluntary Disclosure Practice,

You might be interested:  What Not To Do While On Workers' Comp?

Travelers with Disabilities: The law in Canada prohibitsdiscrimination against persons with physical or mental disabilities and the law is enforced. Social acceptance of persons with disabilities in public is as prevalent as in the United States. For more information, visit the Accessibility Standards Canada website,

  1. Students: See our Students Abroad page and FBI travel tips,
  2. Women Travelers: See our travel tips for Women Travelers,
  3. Please visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Canada.  For emergency services in Canada, dial 911.
  4. Ambulance services are widely available.
  5. We do not pay medical bills.

Be aware that U.S. Medicare/Medicaid does not apply overseas. Most hospitals and doctors overseas do not accept U.S. health insurance. Medical Insurance: Make sure your health insurance plan provides coverage overseas. Most care providers overseas only accept cash payments.

See our webpage for more information on insurance providers for overseas coverage. Visit the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for more information on type of insurance you should consider before you travel overseas. We strongly recommend supplemental insurance to cover medical evacuation.

Always carry your prescription medication in original packaging, along with your doctor’s prescription. Check with Health Canada to ensure the medication is legal in Canada. Healthcare in Canada : The level of public health and sanitation in Canada is high.

  1. Adequate health facilities are available throughout Canada.
  2. Canada’s medical care is of a high standard but is government controlled.
  3. Access to ongoing medical care is difficult for temporary visitors who are not members of a Canadian province’s government-run health care plan.
  4. Many physicians will not take new patients.

Specialist care is only by referral and may take months to obtain. Although trauma-care is on par with that in the United States, emergency room waits for non-life threatening problems can be very long. Some health care professionals in the Quebec may only speak French.

World Health Organization U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Air Quality: Visit AirNow Department of State for information on air quality at U.S. Embassies and Consulates. Medical Tourism and Elective Surgery: We strongly recommend supplemental insurance to cover medical evacuation in the event of unforeseen medical complications.

Pharmaceuticals: U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Food and Drug Administration are responsible for rules governing the transport of medication back to the United States. Medication purchased abroad must meet their requirements to be legally brought back into the United States. Medication should be for personal use and must be approved for usage in the United States.

Please visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Food and Drug Administration websites for more information. Assisted Reproductive Technology and Surrogacy: If you are considering traveling to Canada to have a child through use of assisted reproductive technology (ART) or surrogacy, please see our ART and Surrogacy Abroad page,

Road Conditions and Safety: As in the United States, all emergency assistance in Canada can be reached by dialing 911. For detailed information on road conditions throughout Canada, as well as links to provincial government websites, please see the Transport Canada website or the Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) website.

The CAA honors American Automobile Association memberships. Automobile warranties of vehicles purchased in the United States may not be valid in Canada. Winter travel can be dangerous due to heavy snowfalls and hazardous icy conditions. Some provinces require snow tires.

CAA has tips for winter driving, Both winter conditions and wildfires may prompt the sudden closure of highways. Provincial ministries of transport typically post closures and other alerts about road conditions on their websites. Traffic Laws: Driving in Canada is similar to driving in many parts of the United States.

Distances and speeds, however, are posted in kilometers per hour and some signs, particularly in Québec, may only be in French.U.S. driver’s licenses are valid for visitors in Canada. Proof of auto insurance is required.U.S. auto insurance is accepted for tourists in Canada.

For specific information concerning Canadian driving permits, mandatory insurance, and entry regulations, please contact the Canadian National Tourist Organization, Some provinces require drivers to keep their vehicles’ headlights on during the day and some have banned driving while using a hand-held cell phone.

Motorcycles cannot share a lane, and safety helmets for motorcycle riders and passengers are mandatory. It is illegal to take automobile radar detectors into Québec, Ontario, Manitoba, the Yukon, or the Northwest Territories, regardless of whether they are used.

  • Police may confiscate radar detectors and impose substantial fines.
  • Drivers approaching border crossings into the United States may encounter traffic backups.
  • Drivers should be alert, as lane restrictions at border approaches exist for drivers in NEXUS and FAST expedited inspection programs.
  • Public Transportation: Public transportation options vary across Canada, but all cities and most major towns have a public transit system,

Aviation Safety Oversight: The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has assessed the government of Canada’s Civil Aviation Authority as being in compliance with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) aviation safety standards for oversight of Canada’s air carrier operations.

Do 2 month olds need a passport?

A Baby Passport Is Necessary To Travel Abroad. What Age Do You Need A Passport What Age Do You Need A Passport Every US citizen, regardless of age, must have a passport to travel abroad. Newborn babies, infants, and toddlers all need a passport to leave and enter another country. Just as if an adult was applying for a passport, babies must have Form DS-11 filled out and submitted.

The form asks for general personal information, including your baby’s social security number. During the application process, you’ll need documentation that proves your baby’s US citizenship. Also, your own identity and relationship with your baby. Provide your baby’s original and a copy of his or her birth certificate and social security card.

Both documents show proof of the parental relationship with the baby, which is a requirement to obtain a minor’s passport. Please note, you must submit these documents along with your application. This is standard procedure, but you can expect to receive them back in the mail with baby’s new passport.

Does a 12 week old baby need a passport?

Do I need a baby passport? – Yes. Everyone travelling needs a passport, even very young babies. Getting one, however, can take time. So make sure you book flights to factor in the maximum amount of time this could take. To (known as apply for an infant passport you need to apply with a completed application form, your baby’s birth certificate and two identical colour photos of your baby with a signature from a professional who has known you for at least two years.

Do babies under 2 fly free internationally?

Lap infant fares on international flights – ORBON ALIJA/GETTY IMAGES Most international flights allow children under 2 to fly as lap children, but with one big difference — it’s usually not 100% free. Typically, if you’re flying on a revenue ticket, you must pay the taxes and fees for your lap infant plus, in some cases, 10% of the fare.

That might not sound like a lot, but it can add up. Related: The most family-friendly airlines around the world For example, when I took my then-3-year-old and 11-month-old to London, the paid children’s fare was only $376 round trip. If I had decided to forgo a seat for my baby and have him fly as a lap infant, the taxes and fees imposed still would have been close to $150.

For around $200 more, I was able to get my son his own seat for the seven-hour flights — well worth it to preserve my back and sanity. Related: Planning award travel with a lap infant When adding a lap infant to a ticket using miles, the amount you pay varies drastically and depends on the airline.

For example, Aeroplan has long had a flat cost for lap infant award tickets that used to range from $50 to $125, but the program is scheduled to get even better when the new program rolls out, Lap infant ticket awards will cost just 25 Canadian dollars ($18.64) or 2,500 miles. Others, such as Cathay Pacific, require you to pay up to 25% of the adult fare plus taxes and fees.

In a premium cabin, that can easily be a four-figure number just to hold your baby in your lap. (Note: Air Canada has had some system issues where they’ve been waiving the fee at times.) Most airlines will charge you 10% of the adult fare on an international ticket, or in the case of British Airways, 10% of the miles redeemed plus taxes and fees.

Remember, ticket prices fluctuate, so you’ll want to add your child as a lap infant at the lowest price you see — which may well be when you first book your ticket. Related: 23 airline car seat and bassinet policies around the world If you are traveling with a lap infant to somewhere relatively close, like Mexico or the Caribbean, consider JetBlue, Southwest or Alaska.

Those airlines don’t charge a percentage of the adult fare for lap infants flying internationally — just taxes. Contrast this to an airline like United that charges 10% of the fare for lap infants plus taxes and fees even to Mexico (though not to Canada).

Can a 2 month old baby travel on a plane?

Typically, air travel is appropriate for most healthy, full-term infants. However, before you fly with your baby, consider:

  • Your baby’s age and health. Your baby’s health care provider likely will discourage unnecessary air travel shortly after birth. Newborns have developing immune systems and air travel increases their risk of catching an infectious disease, including coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). When compared with older children, babies under age 1 might be at increased risk of severe illness with COVID-19, If you travel with an infant, take steps to keep yourself and your baby safe. Get all eligible family members, including children, vaccinated to reduce the risk of getting and spreading COVID-19, Also, wear a well-fitted, high-filtration face mask — such as N95 — in the airport and on the airplane, frequently wash your hands or use hand sanitizer, and avoid contact with obviously ill travelers. If your newborn is sick, don’t fly unless your child’s health care provider says it’s OK.
  • Your baby’s ears. Changing cabin pressure during a flight causes temporary changes in middle ear pressure. This can trigger ear pain. To help relieve the discomfort in your baby’s ears, offer your baby a breast, bottle or pacifier to suck on during takeoff and the initial descent. It might help to try to time feedings so that your baby is hungry during these times. If your baby has had ear surgery or an ear infection two weeks before your flight date, ask a health care provider if it’s safe to fly. Also, airplane cabin noise levels are loud, especially during takeoff. Consider using cotton balls, noise-canceling headphones or small earplugs to limit your baby’s exposure to this noise. This may help make it easier for your baby to sleep.
  • Your baby’s breathing. During flight, air pressure in an aircraft cabin is lower than air pressure on land. This temporary change in oxygen level doesn’t seem to pose problems for otherwise healthy babies. However, if your baby was born prematurely, has chronic heart or lung problems, or has upper or lower respiratory symptoms, talk to your baby’s health care provider before flying.
  • Your baby’s safety seat. Most infant car seats are certified for air travel. Although airlines typically allow infants to ride on a caregiver’s lap during flight, the Federal Aviation Administration recommends that infants ride in properly secured safety seats. If you choose not to purchase a ticket for your infant, ask about open seats when you board the plane, in case one can be assigned to your infant.

Don’t be tempted to give your baby an over-the-counter medication, such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl, others), to encourage sleep during the flight. The practice isn’t recommended, and sometimes the medication can have the opposite effect.

What do babies need to fly?

If you choose to travel with your infant on your lap (at no additional charge), they don’t need a boarding pass; however, you’ll need a Boarding Verification Document (BVD) for the infant so they can board. BVDs can be printed at the airport on the day of travel at a kiosk or the ticket counter.

Can babies travel to US without passport?

If you’re flying into the United States all children and infants will require a passport, with the exception of Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs), refugees, and asylees, who will continue to use their Migrant Registration Card (Form I-551), issued by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), or other valid evidence of

Do kids need passports to go on a cruise?

In order to board the ship, guests will need to bring the following documents:

COVID-19 Test Result (if applicable) : Guests on transpacific sailings and sailings from Australia, will need to take a pre-cruise test prior to boarding day. See testing requirements for your cruise here.

Health Status Questionnaire: to be completed on the Royal Caribbean app before you board.

Government Identification: Accepted forms of identification vary based on nationality, departure port and disembarkation port. See details below to learn what forms of identification are accepted.

COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card and Forms (if applicable): While COVID-19 vaccination is not required for most sailings, a few countries still require vaccination to cruise. On sailings from Singapore and Australia, guests age 12 and older will need to show proof of full vaccination in order to board. Some countries require you complete COVID-19 related travel authorizations before setting sail. Learn more,

Travel Visas (if applicable): Visa requirements vary depending on nationality and the country you are sailing from, see guidance here,

Accepted Forms of Identification All guests will also need a form of identification to board the ship. Accepted forms of identification vary based on nationality, departure port and disembarkation port. Please note that hospital Birth Certificates (baby feet Birth Certificates), as well as photocopies or images of any required travel documents are not accepted for boarding.

U.S. Passport book that is valid at least 6 months after your cruise ends. A U.S. Passport book is required for sailings that depart from homeports outside of the U.S.

You might be interested:  What Does Live Mean On Find My Friends?

For sailings departing from U.S. homeports, an official US state-issued Birth Certificate is also accepted. Guests age 16 and older that present an official US state-issued Birth Certificate will also need to provide a valid Driver’s License or picture ID issued by the government.

Puerto Rican citizens should review their birth certificates and ensure they are up to date. Puerto Rican birth certificates issued prior to July 1, 2010 are not valid forms of proof of citizenship. The Government of Puerto Rico has partnered with document provider VitalChek to provide an expedited method for ordering new birth certificates. To apply through this method please visit: www.vitalchek.com, Vital Check also offers a bilingual call center available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Processing and shipping fees apply. To apply through this method please call: (866) 842-6765.

United States Permanent Residents must have a United States Permanent Resident Card. Additionally, a passport from your home country is strongly recommended. Click here for additional information.

For all sailings that visit Colombia, all guests will be required to present a passport book valid for at least 6 months after the sailing’s return date in order to board. Colombian Customs and Immigration requires all visitors to have a valid passport book and will not accept any other travel documents for entry. Unfortunately, any guests without a valid passport book will be denied boarding.

No refunds will be given to individuals who fail to bring proper documentation. For additional United States passport information visit the United States Department of State travel information website, Visa Central is the passport and visa service that we recommend, should our guests need passport and visa assistance.

You may contact Visa Central for all your passport needs. Visa Central can obtain passports in as little as one day. US Residents, please contact VisaCentral online at www.visacentral.com/royalcaribbean, email [email protected] or call 800-858-8579, and be sure to reference Royal Caribbean account 44988 for reduced service fees.

Accepted Identification for International Guests (non-U.S. Citizens)

For US Sailings: Non-US Citizens will require a passport valid at least 6 months after your cruise ends and the necessary visa for entry into the United States. On Transatlantic and Transpacific sailings European and Chinese guests will require ESTA (Europe) and EVUS (China).

For International Sailings: Non-US Citizens will require a passport book valid at least 6 months after your cruise ends and the supporting visa for entry and exit from the country, if applicable.

For cruises departing Australia calling into only Australian ports, Australian citizens require either a valid passport or government issued pictured and laminated ID card to be used as identification. Children aged 17 years and under will require a passport or Birth Certificate to travel or government issued photo ID. Children under 16 years of age, who do not have a passport or Photo ID, must have a copy of their birth certificate or their parents Medicare Card. For all other nationalities, a passport (plus visa if needed in Australia) is required.

Europe sailings: National ID cards issued in the European Union (EU) & European Economic Area (EEA) are accepted for travel to Schengen countries only and must be valid for at least one month from the return date. Some itineraries may include a port of call outside the Schengen area. For those sailings, national ID cards will not be accepted, and passports are required for travel.

EU countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

UK & ROI citizens (including children and infants) must have their own full 10 year (5 year for children) passport with at least 6 months validity from the end of the cruise. ESTAs are mandatory for everyone travelling to the US. You must apply for an ESTA no later than 72 hours before departing for the United States. Real-time approvals are not available and arriving at the airport without a previously approved ESTA will likely result in being denied boarding. Some other countries also run similar programmes – so make sure you’ve checked the requirements well in advance. For further passport, visa and health advice for your destinations please visit the FCO (UK) or DFA (Ireland) websites, have a look at our visa page or refer to our Booking Conditions.

EEA countries: The EEA includes EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Switzerland is not an EU or EEA member but is part of the single market.

Visa Central is the passport and visa service that we recommend, should our guests need passport and visa assistance. You may contact Visa Central for all your passport needs. Visa Central can obtain passports in as little as one day. Canada residents, please contact www.visacentral.ca/royalcaribbean, email [email protected] or call 8888-665-9956, and be sure to reference Royal Caribbean account 10026 for reduced service fees.

No refunds will be given to individuals who fail to bring proper documentation. What if the name on my identification doesn’t match the name on my reservation? It is important that the name on your reservation be exactly as it is stated on your passport or other official proof of nationality. If your name has changed since your document was issued (e.g., marriage or divorce), it is required that you update the document with the new name or provide an official supporting document (e.g., a state, county or province issued marriage license, divorce decree or legal name change document) of the name change.

All documents must be the original or a notarized copy. Additionally, if you are using an identification (e.g., driver’s license) and a citizenship document (e.g., birth certificate), then BOTH documents must match the name on your reservation. Otherwise, it may result in delay or possible denial of boarding.

  1. COVID-19 Vaccinations Record Cards and Forms For sailings from Australia, guests age 12 and up are required by the local governments to provide proof of vaccination before boarding.
  2. Guests age 12 and older on these sailings who are not vaccinated and do not show proof of vaccination will not be permitted to sail.

For all other sailings, vaccination documents will not be required to board, but we will ask that you disclose your vaccination status to us prior to boarding (via the app, on our website, or at the terminal). Learn more about sailing from Australia,

U.S. and Canadian citizens can obtain customized visa information and instructions for all Royal Caribbean cruises through Visa Central.

U.S. Residents, please contact VisaCentral online here or via email at [email protected] or call 800-858-8579, and reference Royal Caribbean account 44988 for reduced service fees. Canadian Residents, please contact VisaCentral online here or via email at [email protected] or call 800-858-8579, and reference Royal Caribbean account 10026 for reduced service fees.

The following resources may also be of assistance to guests in determining what type of visa is required:

United States citizens can visit the United States Department of State foreign entry requirements website, Canadian citizens can visit the Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada website,

Visa Guidance for International Guests (non-U.S. Citizens and non-Canadian citizens) All non U.S. or Canadian passport holders should contact the Embassy (Consular Services) of each country on your cruise or VisaCentral for specific visa requirements, information, forms and fees for your nationality.

  • Visa Central is the passport and visa service that we recommend, should our guests need passport and visa assistance.
  • You may contact Visa Central for all your passport needs.
  • Visa Central can obtain passports in as little as one day.
  • You may also contact your travel advisor or local Royal Caribbean International office for further assistance.

It is the responsibility of the guest to identify, obtain and present necessary visas before the start of their cruise vacation. Requirements vary based on the guest’s nationality and countries visiting during the cruise. The following resources may be of assistance to guests in determining if a visa is required.

Please note the most recent visa requirements for non-United States guests sailing on an Alaskan itinerary require a Canadian visa to participate in the cruise. Click here to get more details. Some countries that your cruise may visit will require that you obtain a visa prior to arrival. You are responsible for obtaining any necessary visas.

If you do not hold proper visa documents, you will be denied boarding without compensation.

How soon can a newborn fly?

WHEN IS IT SAFE TO TRAVEL WITH A NEWBORN BABY BY PLANE? – In general, doctors recommend you wait to fly until your baby’s immune system is better developed. This could be as soon as one month for full-term infants, though most doctors recommend anywhere between three months and six months.

  • Premature babies or babies with heart or lung problems may have difficulty breathing because of the lower air pressure in an airplane cabin.
  • If that’s your child, talk to your pediatrician before flying.
  • Airlines differ in their policies on infants flying.
  • On Delta, a baby has to be more than one week old to travel.

Younger infants can travel with a doctor’s permission. JetBlue lowers the standard to three days old. United refuses to allow a baby younger than seven days old onboard under any circumstances. United also bans infants in incubators. No matter what, if planning to travel with baby on board, always check with your pediatrician first.

Does a 1 year old need a plane ticket?

Infants or children under 2 years of age can travel on the lap of an adult for free (within the United States) or at a reduced fare (for international travel).

Do babies need a plane ticket?

Immigration lawyer talks about 5 Steps to Get A Passport If You’re Under 18 (US immigration) (LIVE)

Children and adults traveling in separate reservations – If you and your children are traveling together but have separate reservations, call Reservations so we can note it in each reservation. Contact Reservations Children (2 years or older) This content can be expanded Children 2 or older are required to have their own seat, a ticketed adult fare.

  1. Children under 5 can’t travel alone under any circumstances.
  2. If you don’t choose seats in Main Cabin or Basic Economy, we’ll assign seats a few days after you buy your tickets so children under 15 are next to at least 1 adult they’re traveling with.
  3. Infants (under 2 years) This content can be expanded Infants under 2 years old can travel at no charge in the lap of their parent (any age), or an accompanying adult 16 years or older traveling in the same cabin.

We welcome infants as young as 2 days old, but infants less than 7 days old require a ‘Passenger Medical’ form to be completed before your flight. Keep in mind:

Only 1 infant may be seated in the lap of each ticketed accompanying adult and the infant must be included in the reservation. Additional infants under 2 years old must be ticketed and occupy an infant safety seat or in a separate aircraft seat. The infant must be under 2 years of age for the duration of the trip. If they turn 2 during a trip, they will need their own seat for the remainder of the trip.

How long is a newborn passport?

Apply for a Child’s U.S. Passport All children under age 16 must apply for a passport in person with two parents or guardians using, You cannot renew your child’s passport using Form DS-82. Passports for children under age 16 are only valid for 5 years. DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport Please note :

The Form Filler will select the correct form for you based on the information you input. It may generate a different form from what you expect. Note : When completing your child’s form by hand, please list on Address Line 2 “In Care Of” your name or the name of the child’s other parent or legal guardian. By providing “In Care Of” information, you will ensure that your child’s passport is not returned to us if the delivery service does not recognize your child’s name as someone who normally gets mail at your address. Do not sign your child’s application until instructed to do so by the acceptance agent. You must provide your child’s Social Security number, if they have been issued one, in accordance with and,

If your child does not have a Social Security number, you must submit a statement, signed and dated, that includes the phrase, “I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the following is true and correct: (Child’s full name) has never been issued a Social Security Number by the Social Security Administration.” For more information, please see,

You can apply for a passport book,, or both documents. You may request a larger passport book with 52 pages for your child, at no additional cost, by checking the ‘large book’ box at the top of the DS-11.

Your evidence must be an original or certified, physical copy. A certified copy is any document that has the seal or stamp of the official issuing authority. You must submit one of the following documents for your child:

Full validity, undamaged U.S. passport (expired passports are accepted). Full validity means the document is/was valid for 10 years for adults and 5 years for children under 16.U.S. that meets the following requirements:

Issued by the city, county, or state of birth Lists applicant’s full name, date of birth, and place of birth Lists the parent(s)’ full names Has the date filed with registrar’s office (must be within one year of birth) Has the registrar’s signature Has the seal of the issuing authority

Certificate of Citizenship

If you cannot submit one of the above acceptable documents for your child, or for more information, please see, You cannot submit digital evidence of your child’s U.S. citizenship such as a mobile or electronic birth certificate. You must submit physical evidence of U.S.

Legible On white 8.5″x11″ standard paper Black and white Single-sided

If you don’t want to submit a photocopy of your citizenship evidence, you may submit a second certified copy of your citizenship evidence, which we will keep. If you don’t submit a photocopy or a second certified copy of your citizenship evidence, your passport processing could be delayed.

You might be interested:  What Hand Do You Wear A Watch On?

You must submit documentation that lists the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of the child applying for a passport. The following may be used to show parental relationship:

U.S. birth certificate ( also evidence of U.S. citizenship ) Foreign birth certificate Adoption decree Divorce/Custody decree

Please note : Some documents, like a U.S. birth certificate, show both U.S. citizenship and parental relationship. These documents must be originals or certified copies (not photocopies). The parents or guardians must present one of the following identification documents (IDs) to the acceptance agent:

Valid or expired, undamaged U.S. passport book or passport card In-state, fully valid driver’s license or enhanced driver’s license with photo Certificate of Naturalization Certificate of Citizenship Government employee ID (city, county, state, or federal) U.S. military or military dependent ID Current (valid) foreign passport Matricula Consular (Mexican Consular ID) – commonly used by a parent of a U.S. citizen child applicant U.S. Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) – commonly used by a parent of a U.S. citizen child applicant Trusted Traveler IDs (including valid Global Entry, FAST, SENTRI, and NEXUS cards) Enhanced Tribal Cards and Native American tribal photo IDs Note : you may be asked to present an additional ID when presenting one of these three documents: 1) In-state, fully-valid learner’s permit with photo, 2) In-state, fully-valid non-driver ID with photo, or 3) temporary driver’s license with photo.

If you cannot present one of the IDs above, or for more information, please see, Please note:

Some states now issue digital ID documents (also known as mobile driver’s licenses or mobile IDs). We cannot accept these digital IDs when you apply for your child’s U.S. passport. You must continue to submit your physical, photo ID and a photocopy of the ID. If you present an out-of-state ID, you must present an additional ID.

Submit a photocopy of the front and back of each ID that you present to the acceptance agent. Requirements:

Photocopy must be on plain white, 8 1/2 x 11″ standard paper. Photocopy cannot be double-sided. Do not decrease the image size (although you may enlarge it).

Both parents/guardians must authorize the issuance of the child’s passport. The best way to do this is for both parents/guardians to go with the child in person to apply for the passport. What if both parents/guardians cannot appear in person?

If. Then.
You have sole legal authority You must submit evidence of this with the application. Examples include:

Complete court order granting you sole legal custody of the child, such as a divorce decree or other custody order Complete court order specifically permitting you to apply for your child’s passport (photocopy is acceptable) Certified copy of the child’s birth certificate listing you as the only parent Certified copy of an adoption decree listing you as the only parent Certified copy of the judicial declaration of incompetence of the parent that cannot appear in person Certified copy of the death certificate of the parent that cannot appear in person

One parent unable to appear If one parent/guardian cannot go with the child to apply for the passport, they can give permission by completing You must submit the completed form with the child’s passport application. The parent that cannot go with the child must:

Sign and date Form DS-3053 in the presence of a certified notary public, and Submit a photocopy of the front and back side of the ID that they present to the notary public with Form DS-3053.

Please note : In certain countries, a DS-3053 must be notarized at a and cannot be notarized by a local notary public. Go to the U.S. embassy or consulate webpage for more information.

You cannot locate the other parent You must submit

Please complete the form with as much detail as possible. We will ask for additional evidence. Examples include: a custody order, an incarceration order, or a restraining order to protect against If the non-applying parent is deployed by the military, he or she should be able to provide a notarized Form DS-3053 in most cases. In the rare case that the non-applying parent cannot be contacted, you must provide either military orders with a Form DS-5525 showing the non-applying parent can’t be contacted because they are on a special assignment for more than 30 days outside of their duty station OR a signed statement from the non-applying parent’s commanding officer that they can’t be reached.

Neither parent able to appear A third party may apply for the child’s passport with a or a notarized statement from both parents/guardians giving that third party permission to apply for the child.

The statement must include a photocopy of the parents/guardians’ identification. When the statement is from only one parent/guardian, the third party must present evidence of sole custody of the consenting parent/guardian.

Please Note : Written authorization from the parent that cannot appear in person must be less than three months old. You must provide one photo of your child. To avoid processing delays, be sure the photo meets all,

Do not attach or staple your photo to the form. The acceptance agent or passport employee accepting your child’s form will review the photo and staple it. Some provide photo services for an additional fee. We have special tips for taking photos of infants and newborns on our,

Child Applicants :

Product Form Application Fee Execution (Acceptance) Fee
Passport Book $100 $35
Passport Card $15 $35
Passport Book & Card $115 $35

Please note : The application fee and the execution fee are paid separately. Expedited service costs an additional $60. For information on forms of payment and a full list of fees and services, please see, *How to fill out your check What Age Do You Need A Passport You can online. Note : It may take 2 weeks from the day you apply until your child’s application status is “In Process.” During these 2 weeks, your child’s application is delivered to a mail facility, your payment is processed, and your child’s application is scanned and sent to us.

  • If your passport status update says “Not Available,” your child’s application and supporting documents are safely on their way to us.
  • No, children under age 16 are not eligible to mail in passport applications.
  • Additionally, you cannot apply online for a child’s passport.
  • Some acceptance facilities require appointments and others do not.

We recommend calling the acceptance facility ahead of time to verify their hours, acceptable forms of payment, and appointment requirements. When completing your child’s passport application, we recommend you add your name in the “In Care Of” part of the Mailing Address section on Form DS-11.

After we print your child’s passport, we will send it to you and return your child’s supporting documents. How we send your child’s passport and supporting documents depends if you applied for a book and/or a card and if you paid an additional fee for 1-2 day delivery. After we print your passport, we will send it to you and return your supporting documents.

How we send your passport and supporting documents depends if you applied for a book and/or a card and if you paid an additional fee for 1-2 day delivery. I applied for a passport book only : You may receive your newly-issued passport and your citizenship documents in two separate mailings.

  • You may wait 8 weeks after receiving your passport before you receive a second mailing with your citizenship documents.
  • We can send your passport book via a 1-2 day delivery service.
  • I applied for a passport card only : You may receive your newly-issued passport card and your citizenship documents in two separate mailings.

You may wait 8 weeks after receiving your passport before you receive a second mailing with your citizenship documents. We only send the passport card via First Class Mail. We do not send cards via 1-2 day delivery services. I applied for both a passport book and passport card : You may receive three separate mailings; one with your citizenship documents, one with your newly-issued passport book, and one with your newly-issued passport card.

  1. You may wait 8 weeks after receiving your passport book before you receive a second and third mailing with your passport card and citizenship documents.
  2. If the mailing address you provided on your child’s application has changed and you’re waiting for his or her U.S.
  3. Passport book, passport card, or return of citizenship evidence documents, please contact the,

You do not need to contact us if your address changed after you received your child’s passport. When completing your child’s passport application, we recommend you add your name in the “In Care Of” part of the Mailing Address section on Form DS-11. In certain countries, a DS-3053 must be notarized at a and cannot be notarized by a local notary public.

Afghanistan Indonesia Pakistan
Algeria Iran Panama
Angola Iraq Philippines
Bangladesh Jamaica Saudi Arabia
Bulgaria Kenya Senegal
Cambodia Kuwait Sierra Leone
Cameroon Laos Somalia
Central African Republic Lebanon Sudan
Cote d’Ivoire Liberia Syria
Dominican Republic Libya Tajikistan
Egypt Mali Trinidad and Tobago
Equatorial Guinea Mauritania Uganda
Ethiopia Mauritius Ukraine
Gabon Moldova United Arab Emirates
Guatemala Nepal Venezuela
Guinea Nicaragua Vietnam
Haiti Nigeria Yemen
Honduras North Korea

Families may write one check or money order to the U.S. Department of State for their passport application fees if they are applying in person at the same time. The check or money order must include the name and date of birth of each applicant. All other applicants must submit individual checks or money orders to the U.S.

Department of State for their passport application fees. Please include the applicant’s name and date of birth on the check or money order. You and your child may have different last names, as long as the parental relationship document lists your full name. If your name has changed from that on the parental relationship document, please submit proof of your legal name change (e.g.

marriage certificate or court order). Parents may enroll their U.S. citizen children under the age of 18 in the (CPIAP), one of the Department of State’s most important tools for preventing international parental child abduction. If a passport application is submitted for a child who is enrolled in CPIAP, we attempt to alert the parent(s) to verify whether they approve passport issuance.

  1. When applying for the first time or for your child, you will need to provide evidence of U.S.
  2. Citizenship and photo identification with your application.
  3. Go to our and for examples of documents we accept.
  4. For example, if you were born in the United States and you do not have your birth certificate, you will need to contact the county, city, or state where you were born and request a certified copy of your birth certificate.

We also realize that some customers may not have a driver’s license to present as photo ID. We accept other types of government-issued, primary photo ID, and will accept multiple forms of secondary photo ID if you do not have a primary ID. If you choose not to submit a photocopy, you may submit a second certified copy of your child’s birth certificate.

Do you have to pay for a baby to fly Ryanair?

Infants aged 7 days and under cannot be accepted for travel on Ryanair flights. If an infant reaches the age of 2 years prior to their return journey, they must pay the applicable adult fare, taxes, fees and charges for that flight, please contact our call centre to book.

What is the best age to travel with a baby?

The best time to fly with kids – While you can’t always fly at the optimal time (based on your child’s age, that is), it’s great when you can. The best times, most agree, are between three and nine months, when kids aren’t yet mobile, and any time after age two or three.

The idea here is to bypass the toddler phase, and, more importantly, to avoid flying with young infants. The latter is especially risky says Dr. Mark Waltzman, assistant professor in pediatrics at Harvard Medical School and pediatric emergency room physician at Boston Children’s Hospital. “Unless it’s an emergency I would wait until a baby has had its first set of immunizations, so they should be at least two months,” he said.

“The reason is that the air in airplanes is recirculated in a confined space, so there’s a greater chance of contracting an illness when flying. A newborn’s immune system isn’t as robust, and if they catch a cold or get a fever it could be much more serious.” Illness can also impact the timing of a trip for older kids.

Does a 1 year old need a plane ticket?

Infants or children under 2 years of age can travel on the lap of an adult for free (within the United States) or at a reduced fare (for international travel).

Do infants fly for free?

Travelling with Children Infants (usually defined as children aged under 24 months) that are nursed on your lap generally fly free of charge on most domestic airlines and are listed on their parent’s ticket. For international flights, infants that don’t occupy their own seat must have their own ticket which is charged at 10% of the adult price plus any relevant fees or taxes.

Some international flights may allow infants aged 6-36 months (or under 18kg) to travel in a separate seat as long as they are secured in an approved child restraint device (CRD) like a car seat or carrier, however the extra seat must be purchased in advance. Check with your airline for the specific details if you’re thinking about using a car seat or CRD on-board.

Travel Tip: For international travel, your infant will require a passport regardless of age. Having their passport photo taken can be a mission so be prepared!

Does a 1 year old need a passport to go to Mexico?

Do You Need A Passport To Go To Mexico By Plane? – Yes. A US passport book is mandatory when traveling to Mexico by air. Also, minors (babies and children) will need a passport to enter Mexico. Once you arrive in the country, border control authorities will check and stamp your passport for entry.

A valid passportA completed Border authorities may ask for additional documents such as hotel reservations, return tickets, etc.