Solved > 27)Which best describes correctional work, according to:1659116 .
According to Farkas and Manning, which of the following best represents correctional work? A)unpredictable B)risky C)routine D)everything in between 28)Which of the following is not a source of stress for correctional officers? A) insufficient staffing B) prisoner demands C) excessive compensation D) a negative public image 29)What does not occur as a result of inadequate staffing? A)It makes it impossible for police to take time off for important events or family emergencies. B)It raises concerns regarding the management of large groups of convicts in the absence of a backup plan.
30, which job in a jail is the most important to the day-to-day operation of the institution.
A)sergeantsB)captainsC)majorsD)lieutenants 32)In which department would service personnel be employed?
A)reasonedB)authoritarianC)empoweredD)moderate What was not an argument against women working as correctional officials, according to question number 35?
- B)Their presence would cause significant disruption to jail operations.
- D)Women aren’t as powerful as they should be.
- A)the most appropriate for outside qualification The second type of qualification is a legitimate vocational qualification.
- Brewer v.
- B)Mempa vs.
- Rawlinson v.
- Iowa, et al.
- A) Female cops have no personal interest in the inmates.
- B)Female supervising techniques may have a soothing effect on the inmates at the facility.
- D)all of the foregoing
Solved > 31.Which officers are usually assigned to:1657877 .
31, What types of policemen are often assigned to some of the most sensitive and explosive parts of the facility? a.sergeantsb.captainsc.majorsd.lieutenants 32.In which department does service workers do their duties? a.recreational activitiesb.health-care services vocational training c.religious services d.educational services The culture of Stateville Penitentiary under Warden Joseph Ragen is best described by which of the following words? The following are characteristics of a moderateb.autocraticc.reasonedd.empowered The point on the continuum between staff and prisoner culture at which personnel demand obedience from inmates using threats and intimidation is known as the 34th question.
- a.Staff adhere to company policies or consult with their superiors before making choices.
- Employees employ agency incentives and disincentives to compel detainees to comply with their orders.
- 36.Which of the following is an organizational source of stress in correctional facilities?
- The Supreme Court ruled in which case that inmate privacy was not a viable justification to deny employment to women seeking positions as correctional officers?
- Rawlinson a.Morrissey v.
- Rhayd.Gunther v.
- b.Female supervising techniques have a soothing effect on the inmates at the facility.
- d.Do you have any female officers?
The term “prison system” refers to a system in which an organization interacts with other organizations on a regular basis in order to collect resources, gather support, and achieve goals (40).
CJUS 320 Quiz 3 Liberty [Answers]
- Aspects of the confinement paradigm for sex offenders that are excluded from the triangle of monitoring are as follows: To treat a sexual offender, how long should a state be allowed to confine him or her in an institution? The administration and secure control of convicts who have been categorized as violent or highly disruptive in other prisons are provided by which of the following institutions: In relation to sex offenders, which of the following is NOT included in the “complete approach”
- When it comes to jails and prisons, mentally ill convicts face a two-fold dilemma. Inmates in both the state and federal prison systems are screened for TB
- Specifically, which facility was the country’s first supermax jail. Identify which one of the following is NOT one of the three versions of the legal process for transferring juvenile offenders to adult court
- What are mentally ill convicts more likely to do as compared to other types of criminals
- As long as certain standards are met, which of these cases is the first Supreme Court decision to uphold the civil commitment of sexually violent predators in the United States? Where are the parole board and post-release monitoring often located in states that still employ indeterminate sentences and parole for release choices
- In a correctional facility, which administrative duty is NOT an usual role for the central organization? And, finally, which of the following does NOT report to the unit manager? What is the term used to describe the custody and security component of a jail facility
- In order to identify whether correctional job candidates have difficulties that might place them in a compromising situation or make them more inclined to accept a bribe, what type of application procedure is employed
- In accordance with the Bureau of Prisons policy, which of the following is NOT a category of prohibited acts
- What is the title of the highest ranking uniformed officer
- What is the process for promoting and recognizing improvement in the management of correctional agencies through the administration of voluntary standards
- Which of the following is NOT a sort of issue that is dealt with by the legal departments of correctional institutions? What is the term used to refer to those who provide rehabilitation activities
- Who is the leader of the jail group known as the Texas Mexican Mafia
- Which of the following describes groups founded by female convicts who take on the roles of mothers and grandmothers
- Choose the one that most truly depicts square johns. Goffman’s whole institution has the attribute of causing isolation and the incapacity to act for oneself
- Which of the following is NOT one of these characteristics? Which of the following statements about gang members in jail is most accurate? Which of the following is NOT a contributing factor to what many believe to be the current decline of prisoner culture? What one of the following procedures did Zebulon Brockway NOT take when implementing reforms for female convicts was not mentioned above? According to prison officials, which of the following is NOT a method they utilize to minimize the number of sexual assault cases in prisons: A notion about how inmate culture becomes a part of jail life is defined as which of the following: Which of the following is a way to keep prison gangs under control? When it comes to some of the most sensitive and volatile parts in the jail, which officers are often assigned to them
- Which of the following is a source of organizational stress in prisons and jails? Which of the following correctional officer responsibilities includes patrolling and supervising inmate movement within a prison’s compound? When it comes to state and federal prisons, correctional officers and supervisors account for about what proportion of the total workforce? The question is when, exactly, on the staff-inmate culture continuum does employees begin to demand obedience from inmates using threats and intimidation. What has been the phenomena that has affected correctional facilities during the past decade? Which of the following best defines the culture of the Stateville Penitentiary under Warden Joseph Ragen? In which Supreme Court decision did the court rule that inmate privacy was not a reasonable justification to deny women the opportunity to work as correctional officers? When it comes to the day-to-day management of a jail, what role is the most important? Which of the following statements indicates that a rational staff-inmate culture exists in a prison?
Quiz 3 in CJUS 320 at Liberty University received an 11.25 out of 1.25 point grade. Which of the following was the first supermax jail in the United States of America? Question 21.25 received 1.25 points out of a possible 1. The Bureau of Prisons has constructed supermax prisons for which of the following sorts of offenders? Question 31.25 received 1.25 points out of a possible 1.25 points Which of the following is required of a sex offender who is being treated under the terms of civil commitment?
When it comes to sexual attacks, who are the most common victims?
As a result of drug users sharing needles, which of the following illnesses is the most frequently transmitted through the bloodstream?
Is it possible for a state to commit a sex offender to an institution for the purpose of treating him or her for an extended period of time?
81.25 out of 1.25 points for this question Which of the following is a kind of confinement in which juveniles who have been adjudicated by adult courts are placed in adult prisons with no separate housing, no distinction in programming, and no differentiation in work assignments?
Which of the following does not form part of the “holistic strategy” to dealing with sex criminals?
Which of the following institutions is responsible for the administration and secure control of convicts who have been identified as violent or highly disruptive in other institutions of correction?
Aspects of the traditional prisoner discipline system that do not include which of the following?
By administering voluntary standards, what is the procedure for encouraging and recognizing progress in the management of correctional institutions and institutions of higher learning?
According to the Bureau of Prisons’ policy, which of the following is NOT a category of forbidden act is not included?
In order to evaluate whether correctional job candidates have difficulties that might place them in a compromising situation or make them more inclined to accept a bribe, what sort of application procedure is used?
What is the term used to refer to those who provide rehabilitation activities?
Which of the following forms of sanctions is used by the majority of correctional institutions to discipline inmates and is the least severe?
Which of the following statements about the Adult Internal Management System is NOT correct?
Which administrative duty does not fall under the purview of the central organization of a correctional agency on a regular basis?
A correctional agency’s legal department does not handle which of the following types of issues?
What is the formal title of the chief executive officer of a jail system?
In many people’s eyes, the recent decline of prisoner culture may be attributed to which of the following factors?
In Irwin and Cressey’s list of good inmate behavior, which of the following characteristics does not appear?
During the early 1800s, who attempted to persuade officials that female inmates should be isolated from male prisoners and that female guards should be employed to watch them?
If gang members tell correctional officers all they know about their organization’s activities and membership, which of the following is true about them?
Which prison group is sometimes referred to as the Texas Mexican Mafia because to its ties to the Mexican community in the state of Texas?
Which of the following statements is most accurate about gang members who are incarcerated?
Which of the following is NOT a measure implemented by prison officials in order to minimize the frequency of sexual assaults in prison facilities?
How do the vast majority of male convicts cope to their incarceration?
The most dangerous type of aggressive inmate is one who is predatory, cunning, and who behaves brutally for no apparent cause.
If you’re looking to monitor gang members, which of the following activities is NOT suggested by the National Major Gang Task Force?
Question 321.25 received 1.25 points out of a possible 1.25.
Question 331.25 received 1.25 points out of a possible 1.25 points How did you find out that the most commonly mentioned cause for difficulty in recruiting correctional officers was according to the 2003 ACA survey?
According to Warden Joseph Ragen, which of the following best represents the culture of Stateville Penitentiary?
The question is, at what point on this continuum of staff-inmate culture does personnel begin to demand compliance from prisoners through threats and intimidation?
Which of the following statements indicates the presence of a reasoned staff-inmate culture in a penal institution?
Because of poor jail conditions and the prevalence of predatory male sex offenders as inmates, in which instance did the Supreme Court find that a legitimately valid professional requirement excluding female correctional personnel was permissible?
Question 391.25 received 1.25 points out of a possible 1.
Question 401.25 received 1.25 out of a possible 1.25 points.
Which of the following prison officers is in charge of managing resources, serving as a role model for other inmates, and establishing professional standards? It was initially published on oneacademyessays.com that the post Liberty university cjus 320 quiz 3 appeared.