Time Commitment: We would welcome your involvement as often as possible. Special events happen regularly - especially throughout the summer months - and interest groups, such as the Craft Group meet monthly.
About the role
Photographs tell stories and communicate information more directly and immediately than words alone. Good photographs do this even more effectively! YUMI wants to reach as many people as possible - to tell them what we do and why it matters - and images are an incredibly important tool to do this. We need photographs of our activities and events for use on our website and Facebook page and for promotional displays and leaflets, and this obviously involves photographing YUMI supporters and members of the public.
Skills, qualities, experience
- You have a camera and know how to use it!
- Tact, respect and diplomacy are essential: gaining permission from everyone before taking their photograph is a must - and some people will prefer not to be photographed
- Having some knowledge and experience of photo editing software (such as Photoshop) would be useful.
How would you benefit?
- Practice and showcase your work – we will use your name or link to your website / Facebook page (as agreed) each time we use your images
- Gain experience and confidence of working in different environments
- Develop new friendships
- You'll be part of something great & contribute to the development of a voluntary grassroots project in York
Find out more/ apply
We look forward to hearing from you!